Policy Brief & Purpose
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking as a business to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You will be pleased to know we are following all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat our communities health and well-being with the utmost sensitivity.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our employees to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge. All employees have been instructed to download the COVID safe app to ensure we can track and manage any potential threats.
Here, we outline the required actions employees should take to protect themselves and their co-workers from a potential coronavirus infection.
Sick leave arrangements:
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, request sick leave or work from home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the office only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
General hygiene rules:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule). You can also use the sanitisers you’ll find around the office.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitise your hands immediately.
- Open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your coworkers and take extra precautionary measures (such as requesting sick leave).
- Products and packaging are thoroughly cleaned before shipping. This includes (but not limited to) wiping all products/packaging down with anti-bacterial wipes, wearing gloves when handling orders and thoroughly cleaning the packing station from top to bottom at the beginning and end of each shift.